Saturday, July 28, 2007

If You Can't Say Something Nice, Don't Say Anything at All

As longtime readers know, I'm not a huge fan of Jay Nixon. Indeed, the titles of my prior writings on him do a pretty good job of conveying my feelings on the subject. But, like it or not, he's the guy running against Matt Blunt to be Missouri's governor, and it is absolutely beyond dispute that he would be a better governor than Matt Blunt.

This is the part of politics I don't like - being faced with a candidate I don't like running against a candidate I despise. It's the flipside of how I felt about the recent KC Mayor's race - I had a strong favorite running against a man I admire.

But, I'm a 95% loyal Democrat, and I definitely want Nixon in the Governor's Mansion. But I still have trouble saying nice things about him without taking a shower soon after.

That's why this news is so gratifying. Nixon is whipping up on the incumbent by a margin of 57-38, winning every part of the state. Even the Ozarks region is supporting Nixon by an astonishing 9 point margin.

This is good news for me. Not only are we likely to get Blunt evicted from the Governor's Mansion, but it looks like it won't even be much of a race. I'll be able to remain silent about it, and not feel obligated to write much about Nixon. Since I have trouble saying anything nice about him, it will be nice not to say anything at all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home