Monday, July 16, 2007

Why Didn't Anybody Tell Me?

The other night, on my way to the Cracker concert at the Crossroads, Ancillary Adams and I and our lovely spouses stopped by Gates on Main. On a whim, and because I knew my wife would share her food if I made a bad choice, I tried the mutton.

Sweet mother of mercy. This is freaking barbecue that tastes like lamb, but it's all crunchy and fatty but the fat melts in my mouth with all the spices and, well, just damn.

Why didn't any of you people tell me about this??

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... you people?

dangerous word choice, there.

7/16/2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm a fat man eating mutton. I live dangerously.

7/16/2007 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't eatten there in 2 years. Too salty for me. I love to eat at "Big T's Bar-b-q"

7/16/2007 11:47 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Based on the the experience the other night, I would have to rate Gates as undervalued by those have an aversion to tourists.

The food was great, and the beer was cold and cheap.

7/17/2007 7:54 AM  
Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Dan, if you thing the mutton at Gates was good, wait until you try the spit roasted baby at Oklahoma Joe's.

7/17/2007 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, the no-questions-asked "we'll smoke it" policy at jake edwards... let's just say the pitmasters are due for a few years in hell.

7/20/2007 2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody told me

7/23/2007 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home