Thursday, July 26, 2007

KC Fringe Fest & Blogger Meet-up

While it won't feature any works by my favorite artist, it's well worth noting that the 2007 KC Fringe Festival kicks off today. Go here to find a show or performance that stretches your world just a little.

The concept of the Fringe Festival - that good and interesting work can be put out by non-professionals - is obviously one with some resonance for bloggers. Even better, though, the Fringe Festival participants get to keep the admission fees.

Want to discuss this and other bloggish topics? My Spyderweb and General Blather have set up a blogger get-together at Governor Stumpy's. Even if you don't want to meet XO and other bloggers, who can turn down $2 beers at a locally owned restaurant?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

And will you yourself be there, or is that still too far away?

7/26/2007 8:25 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Yes, indeedy. Looking forward to it.

7/26/2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Spyder said...

Thanks Dan for posting it! Are you bringing our lovely spouse?

7/26/2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

"Our" lovely spouse?! It was just a crazy night with three yearning souls experimenting in the darkness and confusion - it wasn't a Romneyesque marital commitment . . .

And I thought we agreed not to blog about it, anyhow.

7/26/2007 9:34 AM  
Blogger Spyder said...

And that's how lovely she is!
Sorry about that. Trying to do too many things a once. She coming?

7/26/2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I don't think so. We had about 25 people at the house last night for book club, so I think she'll want to recuperate.

7/26/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger m.toast said...

>Yes, indeedy. Looking forward to it.

Sweet. I think you promised to buy me a beer at some point. I'm sooo collecting on that.

7/26/2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger KC Sponge said...

Nice to meet you, Dan!! I really could have used that last piece of pizza to soak up the beers I had after you left!! I have a friend coming in next week from Florida and we're def going to try out the Cuban Cafe . . . I'll let you know if it passes the test!

7/27/2007 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home