Monday, December 18, 2006

Mark Forsythe - Not Just a Great Future Councilman - a Great Guy

Many of Kansas City's best bloggers have endorsed Mark Forsythe's candidacy for the Kansas City Council rep for the Fourth District. Mark is running an exciting campaign based on grassroots support and straight talking. He's not going after big campaign dollars - instead, he's identifying the likely voters, showing up on their doorsteps, and talking to them.

It would be fair to assume that Mark will be a responsive, caring councilperson if he is elected.

For me, that's no longer just an assumption, though. I have personal proof.

Mark noticed my unexplained blog silence, and emailed me to see if everything was okay. As noted below, everything wasn't okay - I was trapped in a hell of technical blog confusion.

Mark Forsythe, a busy candidate for public office, took time out of his schedule to email me with the helpful advice that started me back toward blogging again. He not only wrote me a technical and understandable email, but he offered to meet me at a coffee shop near my place of work and work through the problem in person.

I've met Mark three times in my life. Once was for a cup of coffee, once was when he showed up on my doorstep to talk to a regular voter, and once was in line at the grocery store. He's not a close friend or relative, and he knows he already has my support, but he still took the time and effort to help someone who needed him.

Mark Forsythe is a good person. He's exactly the sort of person I want to represent me on the Council.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

Wish I could say the same about the 48th's State Rep.

12/18/2006 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home