Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sudden Sadness

Yesterday, I had the urge for carnitas tacos from Chile's on Troost, f/k/a Habaneros. As regular readers know, I was filled with joy when I met first visited this restaurant, and I have postulated that their tamales may be the best in the universe. But, yesterday, I wanted their carnitas tacos - double corn tortillas over-stuffed with sharply spiced beef, peppers and onions. Good eats.

I was so eager for the coming treat that the complete absence of cars in the parking lot meant nothing to me other than the joyful thought that I would not have to wait in line to place my order. It wasn't until I pulled on the unbudging door that the awful truth dawned to me - Chile's on Troost is no more.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm deeply saddened by your loss.

11/29/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger mamagotcha said...

Yeah, we noticed this last week. We've been eating there a couple times a week, and nobody said a thing. Just, boom!

If you find out why, let us know. If they're setting up somewhere else, I definitely want to keep giving them my business.

Until then, we share your pain.

12/03/2006 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, speaking of Mexican food, did you know that the word "avocado" is derived from the ancient Aztec word ahuacatl, which meant testicle?

That being the case, I don't even want to know where "guacamole" came from.

Those Aztecs could be some brutal bastards.

12/03/2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home