Monday, December 18, 2006

Back to Blogging - Silence was Golden

Some of you may have noticed my blog silence over the past week and a half and thought that I was off on some glorious vacation, sunning myself and drinking cocktails with umbrellas. Some may have thought I had achieved some zen-like state of one-ness with the universe, content to let the news cycle run without my commentary. Some may have imagined that I went on the binge to end all binges, running through the remaining 96 bottles of my nascent "99 Bottles of Beer on the Blog" series.

Alas, none of those speculations is accurate. Instead, I have been pounding my head on the impenetrable wall of Blogger software kinks and ftp mysteries. I have spent hours frustrated by error reports and opaque FAQs. This blog usually serves as a place where I get to voice my opinions and feel like my words might have some small influence, but, for the past week and a half, this blog has been a maddening reminder of my technical incomprehension.

Oddly, my silence has bolstered my popularity. The blogosphere voices its opinion through traffic, and my visitors have increased during the week of my silence. I suppose that means that I'm more attractive with my mouth shut - I do better as the strong, silent type . . .



If you're reading this, my silence has ended, and I'm damned glad to be back.

13 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

I'm glad you're back too!

12/18/2006 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I suppose that means that I'm more attractive with my mouth shut"

A wise man once said, better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than speak and remove all doubt. LOL!

Glad to see you back. I was actually worried about ya!

12/18/2006 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

XO, that reminds me of this little chestnut:

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak."

12/18/2006 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Officially, Dan was suspended for his "Great Tits" post - until the rocket scientists working for blogger realized he was just talking about birds.

12/19/2006 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you're back!

12/20/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger dolphin said...

I figured you were having issues, the "Solved?" post came through on your RSS feed.

12/20/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Ambitious Fledgling said...

I thought you were on vacation too! lol Good to see you blogging again.. and by the way, where do you get that traffic graph from??

12/21/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ambitious Fledgling -

Sorry to take so long to repond! I started a new job - my assistant went to high school with you!

The traffic chart comes from 1and1 - the place I buy the site from. You can get free ones lots of places, though. Just google sitemeter.

12/24/2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger Ambitious Fledgling said...

Whatever she says, she's lying! lol!! I was a horrible person in those days, but have no problem admitting to it now. Anyway, who the heck is it, and more importantly why didn't you hire me?? =) Hope you had good holidays!!!

12/26/2006 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

car insurance rats
car insurance quote uk
car insurance policy
geico car insurance quote
compare car insurance
low cost car insurance online
cheap car insurance online
compare car insurance quote
car insurance comparison
churchil
l car insurance

car insurance canada
geico car insurance
compare car insurance quote
car insurance los angeles
progressive car insurance quote
cheapest car insurance
car insurance dallas
car insurance group
compare car insurance rate
car insurance los angeles
car insurance for mexico
car insurance
car insurance rate
car insurance in new jersey
car insurance cost
car insurance group
fresno car insurance
cheapest car insurance
nationwide car insurance
diamond car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
car insurance ny

1/15/2007 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

8/18/2007 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

8/18/2007 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

9/10/2007 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home