Thursday, October 26, 2006

Am I Missing Something on Kraus?

Like many other politically-interested bloggers, I received an anonymous email from "Mr. East Jackson" directing me to The KC Blue Blog. The goal was to alert us to the fact that Will Kraus, Republican candidate for Missouri representative for the Raytown area, apparently failed to list a couple of corporations on a form listing his business interests.

I strongly suppport Chris Moreno, Will Kraus's opponent. People I know and trust have met them both, and convinced me that Moreno is a smart, strong, likeable, dedicated candidate, and Kraus is an arrogant typical Republican. So, by all means, go Chris!

But my pro-Moreno bias doesn't help me understand why The KC Blue Blog is trying to make a big deal about the failure to disclose two corporations that never appear to have really done anything, and appear to have been inactive for a half-decade. It looks like a technical, arcane paperwork matter without any substance behind it.

Now, if Kraus were heavily financed by a secret corporation and failed to disclose it on his ethics form, that would be worth talking about. But there's no such allegation yet.

To me, this appears to be one of those lapses in perspective that happen to people too close to a political campaign. "Can you BELIEVE IT?? He failed to correctly fill out line 17 on Form QDT!! Can you BELIEVE IT?? And he didn't do a TPS Report Cover Sheet!"

If anyone has any evidence that there is substance to this little kerfluffle, I'd be overjoyed to hear about it. But, right now, it looks like Mr. East Jackson is grasping at straws, and dragging up the sort of nonsense that makes good people hesitant to put themselves into the line of fire in the first place.

4 Comments:

Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Whoa! He sure told you, Dan! You are owned!

10/27/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Yeah, yyy777 - yo mama!

10/27/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

By way of explanation, there was a long message in chinese from someone named yyy777 that I deleted.

10/27/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Ambitious Fledgling said...

p.s.
Have you ever noticed on Kraus' signs he does not put REPUBLICAN... Moreno's signs definately say DEMOCRAT... I think thats funny. He knows he is on a losing side.

10/31/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home