Thursday, August 10, 2006

Charlie Wheeler - Threatening Lives Now??

From today's Kansas City Star:
Wheeler said it would be wrong to write him off now.

“Politics is an interesting business because prominent people get hit by trains and automobiles from time to time and a vacancy appears that is filled in short order,” he said. “I will see if any great political opportunity comes up.”
Where I come from, that's a threat. While the Star doesn't provide what he said next, I figure it was something along the lines of, "I understand Sanders has a family. It sure would be sad if something happened to them. I'm just sayin' . . ."

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe Miller said...

He also said "Everyone knows bloggers aren't reliable people." no kidding. That's an exact quote.

8/10/2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger dolphin said...

Yeah, that sounds like something out of "The Godfather."

8/11/2006 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, Dan - that quote is proof that Wheeler is an idiot, but I would be surprised if he even considered that it sounded like a threat. He'd probably make a joke at the airport about exploding toothpaste. I don't know the man, but I think you are working a little to hard on your extrapolation.

8/11/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Anonymous - I agree that he didn't mean it as a threat, but that doesn't mean I can't make fun of him, does it? It's a joke . . .

8/11/2006 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds simply like an addled old man trying to make a feeble joke.
Sometimes those old farts get some oats in them and go crazy!
Gummy

8/11/2006 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home