Saturday, July 29, 2006

Motivation

So, with the two kids wanting a work-out facility while they are in town for the summer, and with my doctor using more exclamation points than ever in telling me to lose weight, and with the added convenience of the shiny new Cleaver Family YMCA within easy walking distance, and with my triglycerides climbing toward the level that I can win local and regional contests, we decided to divert some of our budget to a family gym membership.

On my second night there, I'm climbing mountains of green lights on the eliptical machine, sweat rolling into my eyes, and in walks "King" Vincent, acknowledged leader of the MPAASC (MPA Alumni Social Club), 20-something flat-belly, and all-around great guy. His amused greeting reflects his surprise that I even know how to climb onto one of the machines - "Wow, fancy seeing YOU here!" Later, when I'm working on the weights, he nods toward my double-digit capacity and smirks, "Dude, you're huge!"

It's gonna be a long road, Vincent, but I'll get there . . .

Thanks for the added motivation. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Dan.

And you know all that stuff you hear all the time about "it's not the destination, it's the journey"?

In this case, it's BS.

Working out like that sucks. Find a sport you can enjoy, if possible, and work out that way; it's much more enjoyable.

Barring that, just try to grin and bear it, it is worth it, in the end.

7/31/2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home