Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blogger Appreciation: Logtar's Blog

Logtar's Blog breaks all the rules of blogging success. He hasn't chosen a narrow focus - his posts range from what he named his Wii to Democracy vs. Capitalism. He doesn't post all that often - he averages around 5 or 6 posts a month. He isn't an awe-inspiring wordsmith - English is his second language, and his posts are written in the simple and direct language of everyday life.

Most shocking, however, is his honesty. He writes about being bullied in High School, and does so in a way that reminds those of us who weren't "tough" of the frustration and humiliation. He writes about family problems, and family support. Every day that I write, I make choices about what I will reveal about myself and what I will not speak of; Logtar shares more deeply than most, without swerving into the genre of self-psychoanalyzing navel-gazing. He lets down his barriers enough to make you think, but not so much that you squirm.

Reading Logtar's Blog is like sitting down with an old friend for a beer. You don't know if the conversation is going to be raucous and funny, like challenging Twitters to a Whirlyball match, or if he has something heavier on his mind, and you're going to wind up talking about the real meaning of the Golden Rule in today's society.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with Logtar, and his wonderful wife, Bea (who also has a fantastic blog). When you meet him, you can see that the blog is pure Logtar. He's funny, compassionate, thoughtful, and madly in love with his wife. He's one of those great guys you look forward to seeing, because his directness and honesty makes the world seem a little easier to understand.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow dude,

You left me with nothing to say besides,

Muchas Gracias!

6/11/2009 8:29 AM  
Blogger Average Jane said...

All true! Logtar is a great guy and a great blogger. Bea, too. :)

6/11/2009 9:10 AM  
Blogger MoxieMamaKC said...

Agreed! Logtar is one of my favorite local blogs! Nice idea, Dan! Way to build up instead of tear down other blogs. Quite refreshing.

6/11/2009 9:29 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

How sweet of you, Dan! Thank you for giving my hubby a reason to smile. :-)

6/11/2009 11:47 AM  
Blogger Kanga said...

And he's killer at the BattleStar Galactica board game!

6/12/2009 11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got to meet Logtar this past weekend and that guy rocks my face off... And I just now discovered his blog, I'm really enjoying getting caught up, I should be working, but I just can't stop reading.

6/12/2009 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home