Friday, June 05, 2009

What is With You Kids?

Why do people pay money to get into a bar that is featuring entertainment and then stand around and talk loudly so they can be heard over the music? I went to the "Found Magazine" performance last night at Crosstown Station, and the singer had to beg unsuccessfully for quiet during one emotional song.

What the heck? There are plenty of good bars in the area - if you want to catch up on the gossip of what Justin said to Cara or why Tiffany can't live at home anymore, take it to the Czar Bar around the corner, or the Cigar Box, or Willie's. (By the way, the fish tacos at the Czar Bar are great.)

I know, I know, this post officially labels me as a grumpy old man, but I didn't pay a cover charge to hear you talk about your new clothes.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger les said...

If the damn kids would just get offa my lawn, life would be fine.

6/05/2009 8:55 AM  
Blogger Average Jane said...

Man, I can't believe the Found Magazine tour was here and I didn't know about it! I've seen them twice (last year with PostSecret) and it's lots of fun.

6/05/2009 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were any City Council members there?

6/05/2009 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Brandon W. said...

Having written about local music here in KC, I can't agree more. I've been lucky enough to get to review some great local bands, who always invite me to come see a show later...but after having to deal with the dipshit hipsters at places like the Record Bar, or pretty much anything in the Crossroads, I've given up. Hipsters are only there to be seen- that's why they blather on, ignoring the band to talk about being on a Rollergirls team or their latest tattoo. Pathetic.

6/06/2009 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly why I won't go to the Beaumont Club either. No sight lines and people would rather play pool and gab than watch the show. (All but ruined Steve Earle a few years ago).

6/06/2009 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home