Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Shake Up at Pitch's Fat City??

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but my BS meter is on high alert. Last week, CJ Janovy posted an item on Fat City claiming to be looking to hire "another" Fat City blogger. Now, I think the world of CJ, but methinks she's stretching the truth here. No way, in the newspaper business, in this economy, is the paid staff expanding at Fat City.

I think either Charles Ferruzza or Owen Morris is on the way out.

Owen Morris has brought us fresh stories about all kinds of topics from drinking blood to what it's like to go through culinary classes, while Charles Ferruzza has fallen back on photographs of icons and reworded press releases. While Morris is out exploring the world of Christopher Elbow's sweet-corn ice cream, Ferruzza is appearing with Walt Bodine and grumbling about how you just can't find a good meat loaf sandwich these days.

Fat City just isn't big enough for two such divergent voices.

So who's going to win?

I'm putting my money on the old guy. Surely, hanging around with Walt Bodine has to give some insight on endurance.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LW said...

Owen does great work. Charles has great restaurant reviews, but as far as the Fat City blog itself goes, I'm always impressed by how much Owen covers every day. Best luck to them both, whatever the circumstances may be.

6/09/2009 10:13 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Agreed with LW. I love Owen's input on Fat City...it looks like he's scaling back, but from a comment I saw on another blog, it seems like he's scaling back in order to be a part of something else. I don't know what, but it would make sense that he's looking to further his career somehow, right? That's what I'd hope, anyway.

6/11/2009 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home