Friday, January 04, 2008

Online Poll for Page

I know, I know, that online polls are worth the paper they're not even written on, but please consider taking a moment to go here and cast your vote for Dr. Sam Page at the St. Louis Business Journal.

Dr. Page represents a new breed of Lieutenant Governor for Missouri. Rather than using the position simply as a parking place for some dependable partisan twit who isn't qualified for one of the more visible statewide positions (for example, our current LG), the Dems are running someone who really cares about the issues that the LG handles, and who is also freakishly well-qualified for the position. If you care about good, effective government in Missouri, no race presents a more obvious choice than Dr. Sam Page's campaign for Lieutenant Governor.

While I normally don't participate in online polls, I appreciate the St. Louis Business Journal for giving me an opportunity to vote more than once for Dr. Sam Page.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went and voted for Dr. Page.

1/04/2008 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think Hallmark will be starting a "Greetings by Gloria" line? Something like:

"Happy Birthday! On this happy day, let me tell you about my hubby's Poo Poo hole. It makes me so randy to tell you this. I watched and watched and thought 'Funk you bad boy, I hope this embarrasses you!"

If so, I am investing in American Greetings.

If I was Sam Page, I would not want your endorsement as long as you shill for Gloria and her consort, man-child.

Yep Danny Boy, your so-called co-mayors are starting the new year off with the same grace and aplomb that trashed so much good will 2007.

Oh I know, I know, Nutter Sr. refuses to admit a mistake so lesser lemmings like you will not let go of the two political-sociopaths who continue to embarrass this city.

1/04/2008 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a detailed description of a prosate check...yikes

1/04/2008 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a detailed description of a prostate check" with quasi sexual commentary. Double Yikes!

I cannot wait to read Dan's defense of this one. You can just hear his political credibility in free-fall.

1/05/2008 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, the Porchpundit is right. Sam Page has to be cringing to have his name connected to the Holiday Card issue and subject to Google search.

From my perspective you face a choice Dan. You can either carry the banner of Gloria and Mark and try to clear their names OR you can be a commentator in other races or larger issues. Either role is completely acceptable to your readers, but if you try to do both the Gloria and Mark stink gets on candidates who you want to help.

It is time to make a choice Dan.

1/05/2008 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

Keep it up. Support whomever you want, whenever. This is your blog, your opinion. I visit your blog for entertainment and education. I don't like the Funk's decisions, but still like your blog.

1/05/2008 9:45 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Friend -

If you have a blog, you should feel free to edit yourself because you don't want to look like you're not part of the mob. If you have a blog, you should feel free to back away from writing the truth about things because you want to please politicians. Really, that would be your choice, and that's fine.

I'm going to go ahead and write the truth about things and not edit myself because of what other people might think.

1/05/2008 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great, another doctor who thinks he also knows politics.

Medial Malpractice kills well over 100,000 a year by the AMA's own stats.

They should clean up their own house! For DECADES the AMA has opposed straighening out the insurance mess.

If he loves medicine so much, let him keep practicing it.

Those who can't, run for office.

1/06/2008 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home