Sunday, November 04, 2007

Blogger Get-Together @ Harvesters

Lots of good response to the thought of having the next blogger get-together involve working a shift at Harvesters, sorting cans or doing whatever task they set before us. I have talked to the people at Harvesters, and they are eager to host us on Saturday, December 1. We should arrive at 1:00 p.m., wearing close-toed shoes, and we'll be finished by 4:00, at which time everyone is invited over to my house for brats, pizza, or whatever seems easy and popular. Yes, of course, homebrew will be served - probably a Vanilla Porter that I brewed last weekend.

If you've already RSVP'ed, let me know if the specific time has caused you to change plans. If you haven't RSVP'ed, but want to start off December with a good deed, then either post your response here or email me at Dan@gonemild.com. This will be a lot of fun, and accomplish some good at the same time. It looks like we have 20-25 people coming so far . . .

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

11/04/2007 10:42 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Please send some homemade brew to Sarajevo. Then we can enjoy beer without the smoke!

11/05/2007 8:03 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Afternoon shift GOOD!

Morning shifts BAD!

I'll be there!

11/05/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Ambitious Fledgling said...

I always miss the cool get togethers =( It's my sister's wedding day. blah

11/05/2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger A Librarian said...

Ummm...if I spend the day working really hard at work therefore not participating in the volunteer activity would I be boo'ed if I showed up for the beer? Just wondering.

11/05/2007 6:26 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I'll be there! Don't know if hubby will or not, gonna check into getting a sitter.

11/05/2007 6:36 PM  
Blogger GB, RN said...

I'm going to be missing this one due to that whole work thing.

I'll miss you guys! And the beer!!

11/05/2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger KC Sponge said...

Hey Dan -
I have a competition sometime that day - won't know the schedule until the week before. Will be there for some part of it - whether it be the packing or the drinking! =) I'll let you know when I do.

11/06/2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger m.toast said...

It'll be the dreaded pre-Xmas sort. And you know what that means. We'll be up to our ears in frozen hams. *shudder*

11/06/2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger mamagotcha said...

I'll be there... thanks for making this happen, Dan! I'll have my teen son with me, too.

11/06/2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I swear I am not supposed to make it to one of these events... I will be out of town :(

11/06/2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger kc food guy said...

I'll be there, thanks for the good deed.

11/07/2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger Well Hell Michelle said...

Eric and I will be there.

11/09/2007 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home