Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Local Blog Community has Lost a Voice

When I started blogging, Greg Beck was the man. Through the years, he's remained the man - often profane, occasionally touching, usually funny, and always original.

Greg's body was found in his home today. He was a big, charismatic man with a heart that gave out on him way too soon.

It's funny how a guy you've only met once or twice, but have been reading about for years, can leave a void. I'll miss him.

I don't know how long the blog will stay up. If you love great writing leavened with outrageous humor, fresh expression and hilarious profanity, go enjoy his blog. Here's a piece his friend Michelle posted today on his blog, to give you a sense of what you'll find there:
"As a cat gets older we sometimes begin to think of death and living and how we want to be remembered. And I’ve decided that not only do I want to be cremated... but I want every chick at my funeral rocking the red dress. That’s right, a low-cut red dress with those come fuck me at midnight heels. Well, except for my mother cause I doubt she’ll be having any of that shit. So remember, if brain dead, pull the feeding tube, cremation, and red dresses."

Greg Beck, June 28th, 2005

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kansas City is a better place with Greg, and now with the memory of Greg.

I only read him over the last year, never met him but grew to rely on and appreciate his humor, wit and honest perspective.

I'm a little jealous of all of those other good souls that are with him, in heaven or where ever.

They are the lucky ones laughing with him now.

9/11/2007 7:43 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

His death has left a void in my mind as well. I loved to read his writing.

9/11/2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

Spent all evening shopping for a red dress, not that easy believe me. But for Greg worth it. Damn, we are so going to miss him.

9/11/2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home