Sunday, August 26, 2007

Outsmarted by Ted Nugent?

My friends over at the Kansas City Blue Blog are nothing if not enthusiastic and full of self-esteem. When the recipient of felon Republican Nathan Cooper's campaign money gave it to charity, the Blue Blog claimed to be "the first in the state to demand" that he do so, and claimed credit.

In related news, I demanded that the sun rise in the East, and it did so this morning, proving this blog's influence over the cosmos. (The sun's choice of where to rise was just as random as the Republican's choice of where to send tainted hot-potato money from a felon.)

Emboldened by this great success, though, they are now, again, "the first in Missouri to demand" something. This time, they are "demanding" that "maniac" Ted Nugent apologize for a bunch of outrageous statements made at a concert.

In a reprise of my mastery of the cosmos, I am going to upstage the Blue Blog by being the "first in Missouri" to "demand" that Ted Nugent ignore the Blue Blog. Indeed, I "demand" that he not use their name in his next concert, and I "demand" that he resist his urge to call them up on the telephone and beg their forgiveness. I demand that he not name his next album "Blue Blog Fever".

Anybody want to wager whose demands are more effective?

Now that I've made my demands, I might make a few suggestions to anyone who cares to listen to them. First, if you're running a blog in Kansas City and getting a few hundred hits a day, you're not in a position to make demands on public figures. Second, even if you were in such a position, giving publicity hungry nutcases additional publicity is not an effective deterrent.

"Of course, that's exactly what people like Ted Nugent want."

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

"First, if you're running a blog in Kansas City and getting a few hundred hits a day, you're not in a position to make demands on public figures"

Just a point of clarification please...

What about blogs in Liberty? Is it OK for me to make demands? Or were you referring to the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area?

Just curious.

8/26/2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

XO - It's strictly a Kansas City thing. If you're in Liberty, people like Ted Nugent depend on you for advice.

8/26/2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger SmedRock said...

I just wish I had a few hundred hits a day lol!

8/26/2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger Blue Blog said...

Hug?

8/27/2007 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why attack another blogger for asking people to stand up? A little egotistical?

8/27/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Of course, Blue - we agree on about 90% of issues, I believe. We're more like brothers - give each other grief from time to time, but when the fight comes from outside, we'll have each other's backs.

8/27/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

A little egotistical? I publish my opinions almost every single day, on topics ranging from national politics to local restaurants, and you're just now catching on that I'm "a little egotistical"?

8/27/2007 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a woman I found what Ted Nugent said offensive and repulsive. Its sad to see you bash people for doing what more people should be doing. Couldn't you do the same and stand up for women and democrats? If 1 or 1 million people hear you at least you can say that you did something besides bash those that who already are.

8/27/2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

mom - I hate to speak for Dan. He does a much better job speaking for himself. But when I read this post I didn't interperet to mean that Dan in any way condoned what The Nuge said or did. He was just pointing and laughing at The Blue Blog for thinking that anyone gives a rat's ass about their "demands" or opinions.

8/27/2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Well stated, XO.

If you think that Blue Blog's bloviating is effective, Momma, I invite you to put some money up on offer of a bet.

8/28/2007 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home