Thursday, February 08, 2007

Buses Running On Troost - Only Forsythe Knows

Regular readers know that I like Mark Forsythe for Kansas City's Fourth District City Council in-district race, and that I like Troost Avenue. Troost is regaining its former glory as a home to cool shops and fun places - I once did all my wife's birthday shopping on Troost Avenue, and got some great stuff.

Yesterday, Mark's blog showed a confluence of a great candidate and a great boulevard. He reported on funding for a new bus line on Troost, and then treats us to a spectator's seat in a policy wonk discussion about what is and is not BRT. This is uncut Mark Forsythe - caring about a part of his future district that is outside the Ward Parkway corridor, caring enough about the voters to engage them in serious discussion, and being cool enough to use a blog to just put himself out there. Fantastic stuff.

Meanwhile, Solomon, Marcason and Amador are silent and irrelevant.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger joeinkc said...

What great shops to you go to on Troost? I'm not being troll, but I live 2 blocks from Troost and would like to know of any cool places to stop by. On my stretch of Troost is a big cemetary.

2/08/2007 8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joe, there are several cool shops I'd recommend. Ideal Garment and Scientific Panty is a funky place in a firehouse that sells super-comfortable clothes. The Discovery Center has a great gift shop, and Durwin-Rice has all kinds of neat "crafty" type stuff. Of course, Soil Service has everything a gardener would ever want.

2/09/2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Don't forget about the Coffee Break! Right across from Rockhurst. Big lounge area and free WiFi. Cool music on their MySpace too: http://www.myspace.com/mholmes1

I feel a Troost post coming on.

I took some grief over the BRT post Dan but at least people are passionate about something!

2/09/2007 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home