Sunday, February 04, 2007

Funk's in the Hunt!

Today's Kansas City Star confirms that Mark Funkhouser and Alvin Brooks are leading the pack in the Kansas City mayoral race. That is HUGE, because the primary eliminates all but the top two candidates for the race, and then the two finalists square off man against man (figuratively speaking, of course - it could be Shields or Nace) in a race to be decided on March 27.

It doesn't matter too much who actually wins in February, because the whole shooting match starts over when the supporters of the also-rans choose their mayor. It's hard not to believe that Funkhouser, with his unique advantage of being a political outsider with a more thorough knowledge of the inside than anybody else, will not emerge as the most attractive (did I just call Funkhouser attractive?!) candidate.

I know, I know, it's just a survey, and Mark needs money if he's really going to make it. Toward that end, I am taking the liberty of stealing the following image from his website - come on out and let's have some Funk!

After all the money I spent on my Master of Public Administration degree, it's good to know I can get a Doctorate of Funk for only $150!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger samuel ryan said...

his name is alvin.

so sez the kc police, the mayoral office, president george bush and william jefferson clinton, and rockhurst university.

2/04/2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the catch. I've changed it - no syllabic slight was intended.

2/05/2007 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home