Saturday, December 23, 2006

I Blew My Chance at Being a Child Prodigy . . .

I'm 46. When I was young, I thought I'd crank out a great novel before I was 20. One of those novels that everyone finds enlightening, and some find life-changing. Kind of a Catcher in the Rye meets On the Road with just enough Great Shark Hunt mixed in to make it subversively brilliant.

Didn't happen.

Today is Norman MacLean's birthday - he wrote A River Runs Through It, and didn't start publishing until he was 70. It ain't over till it's over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No it sure isn't, Dan. Some day that great novel will burst forth.

I'd like to wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday and innovative, prosperous New Year. I know you are a man with a lot of soul and even though our politics may not be the same, I think somewhere our souls do meet.

12/23/2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home