Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The New Job

Friday was my last day at my prior job, and Monday was the start of a new one. It was difficult to leave the nicest group of people I've ever worked with, but the new crowd seems very kind, and I don't miss the threat of large cuts in personnel.

I conducted my search by contacting a few friends and keeping an eye on the Job Source at KCPhilnet.org. If you're in the market for a job in the nonprofit sector, KCPhilnet is the place to go. Ultimately, though, the job came through a guy I practiced law with in 1990. Moral of the story: Don't burn bridges, and stay in touch with old friends.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Dan. Glad to hear you're making a seamless transition.

12/20/2006 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dan - they are very lucky to have you. Spread those wings and FLY!

12/20/2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Dan. Good luck with the new job. I know you will do well.

It's amazing how many people out there don't understand the importance of staying in touch. What is more amazing is the number who don't understand the danger of burning bridges. Your successful job search is evidence that you don't suffer from either problem.

Have a great holiday season!

RM

12/22/2006 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work with a guy who was famous for his CLMs (career limiting moves). I mentioned something to him once about not burning bridges. His reply was, "I was a marine. We burn our bridges with the flame thrower set on high, while we are standing right underneath 'em."

12/23/2006 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit out of the loop lately but congratulations on the new job! (Still trying to find out that salary info you were interested in)

12/24/2006 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how I fell so far behind with your blog, but congrats on the job! I hope it's going well...

1/10/2007 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home