Friday, September 22, 2006

Mark Forsythe - Right for City Council

I met Mark Forsythe for coffee yesterday at the Roasterie. The guy is on fire - well-versed on what the city actually does, how the council functions, and what issues matter to his future constituents. He cares much more about being straightforward than about treading lightly around political minefields - he knocked one of my favorite local politicians for demagoguery. I admired him more for stating his opinion clearly and persuasively than I resented him for not agreeing with every position I hold.

At the same time, he's not a prima-donna who expects that he will get on the council and have everybody fall in line behind his agenda. He knows he needs to persuade other council members to support his efforts. He dismissed prior council members who acted as though being on the losing end of a 12-1 vote meant that they were taking a courageous stand. "That's just stupid, and a failure," Mark says, shaking his head.

I don't know whether anyone will be able to accomplish very much on the City Council, with its warring factions and entrenched interest groups. But I do know that Mark is an honest, hard-working, determined voice, and he will give it his absolute best shot. If you're in his district, and you vote, you should meet him and vote for him. I'm going to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I agree 100% only I think he's too tall. Other than that, he's got my vote and my support.

9/22/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

His wife thinks he drinks too much milk. I also heard he stands with the refrigerator door wide open and has been known to run with scissors.

Thanks for the post.

9/22/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

That's all we need is another milkaholic scissor-runner in office.

LOL!

I don't live in the city so I can't have an opinion either way.

I just like the sound of my fingers on the keyboard. It soothes me and makes me feel important.

9/22/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Tony - I agree he's tall, but he's got no outside shot, and I can just bring it with my crossover dribble and power dunk.

9/23/2006 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home