Thursday, May 25, 2006

Kris Kobach Sold His Soul for Right-Wing Street Cred

I've joyfully mocked Kris "K" Kobach on this site before, for his lack of basic legal skills. To make up for my cruelty, I gently turned away and didn't mock him for his ill-informed call for a 2000-mile border fence for the United States border, which would fail to protect us from those sneaky (though admirably white) Canadians. I also was polite enough to ignore the fact that he couldn't win the Republican primary in Kansas against a felon with an IQ below the drinking age.

Some people just keep making fools of themselves, though, and Kris Kobach is a prime example of somebody who just doesn't know when to slink off the stage of public attention. Yesterday, KK appeared in the New York Post, claiming that the Republican senate is full of "people who want to disarm the men and women on the front line of America's defenses in the War on Terror", and that they are "hostile to the idea of enforcing our immigration laws."

I'll admit that I think most Republicans are misguided souls who lack the courage to live in a post-9/11 world, but even I balk at the kind of abuse that KK is heaping on his fellow Republicans.

(Thanks, Jessica, for the tip and for the delicious Flea Market burger!)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you mean when you talked about the lack of courage needed to live in a post 9-11 world? The courage to live in a borderless society? The courage to live without the protection of police who are armed? Confused here.

5/26/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Sorry if I was unclear - I was focusing mainly on the slander that KK was heaping on his Republican colleagues, and trying to distance myself from such an awfully negative view. What I meant by gutless republicans actually has more to do with their eager submission to surveillance in the hopes that big government will protect them from evil-doers.

5/26/2006 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarification, Dan. I understand what you mean. Experience has taught me that it takes two extremes to find a workable middle ground. Hoping that will occur when the House and Senate Committees get together.

As for Kobach, obviously he didn't know Adam Taft was a felon at the time of the campaign .. 'but I don't have a dog in his fight'

5/26/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger Mike4Freedom said...

After reading Kobach's oped in the NY Post, I was just flabbergasted.

He is actually suggesting that every traffic stop, nationwide, should include a call to a federal database to check the immigration status of the driver. Apparently he understands that can mean half a million calls a year to try to catch the vanishingly small number of actual terrorists by testing to see if they overstayed their visas.

Is overstaying a visa a marker for terrorist activity, or is it just overstaying a visa?

5/29/2006 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan Your Too Liberal,Why Dont You Go Live In France, Please and Thank You!

6/05/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thank you for the suggestion, Anonymous, but my only language is English. Why don't I stay here, and you go to wherever they speak your (or is that you're) language of origin?

6/05/2006 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant response.

12/15/2006 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

4/24/2007 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

8/18/2007 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!

8/18/2007 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You! Very interesting article. Do you can write anything else about it?

8/28/2007 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting site. Blog is very good. I am happy that I think the same!

9/04/2007 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

9/09/2007 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home