Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Great Blog to Visit

Occasional commenter here, Brian Stayton, is an old friend with an outrageous sense of humor. The year after he broke his neck sliding into home, his Christmas card showed the x-ray of the plate they had to insert.

He's also a thoughtful observer of the political scene. His sharp wit doesn't carry him away from intellectually thorough and defensible analysis.

He has finally started posting some of his thoughts on his blog, Stayton Thoughts. While I'd much rather hear them delivered in person, preferably over too much booze at an ABA-YLD conference, I'm adding his blog to my must-visit list, and encouraging all of you to read and comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Stayton said...

Man you are really putting the pressure on me to contribute.

BTW: There's no way you or I are even close to a "YLD" meeting anymore.

7/28/2005 8:58 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Maybe as chaperones?

7/28/2005 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago - August 5 - YLD Fellows Dinner-Dance. You're invited. Its just that you probably can't keep up.

Sincerely,

Another YLD "graduate"

7/28/2005 4:04 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Dear "other graduate"

Alas, I am not a YLD fellow - so I'm not going to be able to make the dinner-dance. I assure you, however, that I am fully capable of recreating the glory that was Marco Island, San Antonio, Cleveland, Scottsdale, San Diego, Richmond, Nashville, and assorted other places that cannot be mentioned under "code of the road."

The day I can't keep up is the day I start driving a minivan. And I'm going to be an empty-nester in a few weeks, so I don't think that's gonna happen.

7/29/2005 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home