Monday, December 14, 2009

Recognized Beer Judge

I received my test scores from the Beer Judge Certification Program yesterday evening, and my score put me at the Recognized Beer Judge category. I did better in my tasting portion than I did in my writing. I was hoping for a better score, but, during the test, I accidentally completely skipped one of the essay questions, and did a poor job of formulating a Weissbier recipe from scratch, without reference materials.

The next level up is Certified Beer Judge, which will require some more experience judging in sanctioned contests (even if I had scored 100% on the test, I could only be "Recognized" until I racked up some more experience points) and a retake of the written portion of the exam.

Cheers to being a dedicated student!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Funny that this is the title that you will probably blog about the most :) and that the written portion was not the slam dunk since you write so well here.

Congrats!

12/15/2009 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Nuke said...

Congratz Dan!

I really got a chuckle out of the fact that to advance to the next level you need to drink more beer. Hard work, get on it ASAP!

12/15/2009 11:33 AM  
Blogger KC Wort Hog said...

Congratulations! Mr Wort Hog is currently studying for the January sitting in Portland. Got any judging opportunities lined up in your schedule yet?

12/16/2009 4:54 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

No judging opportunities yet, but I'll jump on them soon. Of course, I'll judge the KCBiermeisters competition.

12/16/2009 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home