Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Neil Young Live, from 1968

I know Neil Young is an acquired taste that many haven't gotten around to acquiring. His distinctive voice, challenging lyrics and all-around quirkiness are kind of like mother of pearl - the same material that makes the ugly shell somehow becomes the thing of beauty.

Someday I will do an homage to him that will help the indifferent understand why, exactly, Neil Young deserves a prominent spot among the truly greats. But today, I'll toss the pearls before swine, and direct music lovers to listen for free to an entire live album by Neil Young from 1968, when he was 22 years old and shocked to sell out a concert hall.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan, you made my day :D

11/26/2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger bigsmithdude said...

i just played an entire hour long set of neil about a month ago (most of the live at massey hall album). i also recorded them in my living room last saturday and will get you a copy. this jim's friend dallas, btw

11/26/2008 7:55 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Awesome, Dallas! I look forward to hearing it.

11/26/2008 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool link. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

11/27/2008 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home