Monday, November 24, 2008

George Bush Off the Wagon?

I normally don't claim to have much in common with George Bush, but, when he was in Peru, he did exactly what I would have done - downed himself a tasty Pisco Sour. Pisco, for those who haven't visited America's Southern Continent, is a strong grape-based liquor, typically around 80 proof or more. It's clear and flavorful, and the Pisco Sour is a tasty, refreshing cocktail that is all-too-easy to sip.

Despite my approval of his choice of drink, I'm at least a little disturbed to learn that our alcoholic president is back on the bottle after seeing what must have been a depressing election in which his policies were soundly rejected. Remember, Bush still has the nuclear football with him . . .

At least he wasn't over in Bolivia, looking for white flags marking chicha bars, where he could drink the beverage made from chewed corn. Remember, he's a Yalie, and he wouldn't have blended in.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't see your pictures in Bolivia at the Chicha bar. My computer zapped em' as not secure.

11/24/2008 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be rude but it is risible, as well as an assault on a 10 year old's credulousness, to only ascribe George Bush’s actions the last 8 years to his being a dolt.

11/24/2008 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if he was drunk it doesn't explain many of his actions. Frankly, if I were he and started looking back on my presidency, I'd hit the bottle too.

11/24/2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've had pisco and its good!

11/24/2008 1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My personal theory is that he's fallen off the wagon a few times times during his presidency and the people around him have hidden it.

Also, he's not an alcoholic. At least that's what he believes. While he's admitted to having a problem with alcohol he's never admitted to being an alcoholic. Remember when he was drinking the "non-alcoholic" beer with Merkel. Why does he even tempt himself.

11/24/2008 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw some video of him on the news posing in ponchos with world leaders. He was clearly drunk. I don't know how this isn't conventional wisdom - our president is a drunk. Sometimes he's good and stays on the wagon. Other times he's bad and gets stupid drunk and needs secret service to protect him from pretzels.

11/25/2008 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home