Monday, September 08, 2008

McCain's Choice of Location (For My Out-of-Town Readers)

The other day, I received a call from the McCain campaign inviting me to attend today's McCain/Palin rally out at John Knox Village. (I don't know how they got my name - maybe they thought I was a Big Oil Executive.) While Kansas Citians will recognize the location, I thought that my out-of-town readers might be interested in knowing that John Knox Village is a fancy "Retirement Community" designed for the well-off.

So, yeah, the 72 year-old McCain is making his appearance at one of the few places where he won't stand out as being particularly, umm, "up there".

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ruskindot said...

I do enjoy reading your blog as it gives me good information about the city politics. However, I must take exception to this post. My 90 year old mother is living quite nicely on her $1100 a month SS check and I really don't think she is the fiscal equial of John McCain.

9/08/2008 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The McCain Campaign appears to have called a list of Kansas City Hillary Clinton supporters because they assume we will all rush to the old man's letter-turner because Palin is reported to have a cycle, when she is not with child by act of God.

9/08/2008 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah my buddy and I shared a laugh over their choice of venue.

9/09/2008 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home