Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blogger Appreciation: The Agonist

The Agonist is an internationally-focused news blog that I first happened upon for its superior war coverage. Since then, I've found it to have great analysis, up-to-date news, fresh perspective and top-notch writing.

But that's not why I mention it today.

This is a post from yesterday, and I hope we all can feel the pang of jealousy and spark of hope that it sent through me.

The Adventure Of A Lifetime Begins

Tomorrow morning when I awake, walk out of my flat and head to the bus station I will begin the adventure of a lifetime. I will get on a bus and head off towards Malaysia and the famed spice trading city of Malacca. After that I do not know where I will go, nor do I care. And neither do I know how long I will be gone. Six months? A year? Longer? Does it matter? The world awaits.

All I know is that the road is before me and it calls. It calls me from a deep place in my soul, a place I thought I could control, a place I thought I had pushed it down into where it would never come out again.
There's much more, and I encourage you to read every word.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealous??? sounds like a lost soul.

9/24/2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Not every body can be as well-thought-out and centered as someone who is afraid to sign a blog comment.

9/24/2008 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan!!

If you didn't have anonymous commenters, you wouldn't have 99.9999999999999% of your comments.

9/24/2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

That's true, but when they accuse a smart, adventurous blogger of being a lost soul, I make fun of them.

9/24/2008 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home