Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Newest Political Lie

A commenter on my post about Art Benson winning a seat on the school board reminded me of what is rapidly becoming a standard lie by politicians. "I don't read local blogs" is up there with "No new taxes" and "I'll look out for the common man".

It's funny how often I will meet local politicians who, upon learning that I produce this blog, assure me that they don't read blogs. Uh-huh, sure. Despite that assurance, they are quick to let me know if an obscure comment from 3 months ago was inaccurate, or to compliment me on something they thought was funny.

Does anyone on earth really believe that politicians - a group that craves attention - don't read what is being written about them? They like to claim they're somehow above it all, but it's a farce.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Dan at least we know that Diana Kander and Joe Miller read them.

4/16/2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger Sophia X said...

They don't read it themselves, but their friends/staffers read them and report on contents. That'd be my guess.

4/16/2008 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're inspiring me to write a blog. I've got a representative who is a peach of a guy and a state senator who I learned sells out to business over her constituents. But, I have to tell ya, I don't think Republicans read blogs like Democrats do. Maybe I can get em started with a little help from my friends :-)

4/16/2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger Lance Hafner Rocks said...

I feel like the big time now. Dan has referred to one of my comments. I agree that most politicians I have met do salivate over the blogs.

But I have a boss that doesn't know how to turn on a computer, musch less what a blog is. I kinda get the impression that Arthur is of the same mold. No doubt he hears about them, but I don't see him trolling around for comments.

4/16/2008 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait..is this the same blog that made fun of local bloggers for thinking that Mark Funkhouser, his wife or his staff actually reads what people say on blogs?

4/16/2008 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Dan, the FARCE is YOU pretending to be ABOVE IT ALL


Who ya kiddin, sport?

4/23/2008 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home