Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Local Blogger Having a Real Impact - Please Come Out Friday to Support Needed Change

I've written about Airick Leonard West and the Viable Third website in the past, as well as his campaign for the school board. Tomorrow evening (Friday, March 14), several of us are planning a get-together to honor the first anniversary of the most creative local use of the blogging medium.

We'll have food and drink available at Harper's 18th & Vine restaurant, proudly in the 3rd District, at 18th and Vine (yes, you suburbanites, it's safe!). The party starts at 5, and will end abruptly when Law School Bound and I reprise our performance of Paradise By the Dashboard Light - which, I promise, won't be until late in the evening . . .

In all seriousness, please drop by and chat with Airick Leonard West and Dr. Robyne Turner, the creators of Viable Third. If you believe that good people can make a difference in Kansas City, come discuss your ideas and prepare for a shot of hope, practical optimism, and inspiration.

Leave a note in the comments if you have any questions, or if you would like an e-vite sent to your email account.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

Dan (and KC Sponge...), I would totally be there if it weren't for the Big 12 tourney being in town this weekend. Hell, Leo and I had been planning to have dinner on the Plaza tonight until I remembered about the tournament, and realized that's one of the satellite parking locations for the busses that are carrying people to and from the Sprint Center.

I just try to avoid messes like that when I can. If it were NEXT weekend, it'd be another story...

Hope it goes well!

3/14/2008 8:59 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I may be there before you. I work close and get out of here at about 4:30.

Faith, I can just about gurantee you that the crowds for the Big 12 won't be bleeding over to 18th and Vine.

3/14/2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger Waldo Oiseau said...

XO is right!

I'll be there!

3/14/2008 12:56 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Yes, but it's the *getting there* that is the problem, my friend. Perhaps you have a more direct route to the area than I would. But in my case, it would involve a shit ton of traffic through (a) the Plaza and then God knows what street to take to get to Vine, or (b) I-35 and then God knows what street to take to get to Vine.

Like I said in my response to Dan on the Google, just thinking about the idiots I'd encounter along the way makes my blood pressure rise. Throw in street closures, full parking lots, and random pedestrian crossings to the mix, and you can guarantee my car would become some sort of weapon by the time 6:30 rolls around.

It's just better for everyone if I head straight to the Moose to watch KU kick some Nebraska ass at 6 p.m. instead. You guys hob-knob for me, ok? Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!

3/14/2008 1:11 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

Last night was great. Go Airick! Hope you get vote it.

3/15/2008 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home