Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blogger Shift at Harvester's - We're Counting on You!

I spoke with the people at Harvester's yesterday, and they're looking forward to working our sedentary bodies hard. I told them they will be seeing, among a couple other helpers:

Xavier Onassis (will Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis be joining us?)

Spyder (will hubby be joining us?)

Janet (& Keith?)

M Toast

Moody Foodie (and freakishly strong son)

KC Food Guy

Eric and Michelle

Filegirl

Average Jane

Right now, counting the anonymous guests, I'm thinking we have about 15 or so, and we could really use 20. Who else is in? I promise beer, brats and good company after the shift!

If I didn't list you, email me (please) at dan@gonemild.com to let me know you're in!

This will be a great way to kick off December, helping a great cause and having fun.

Kids over 6 are welcome. Wear close-toed shoes for safety and layers of clothing for warehouse comfort!

OH, AND BRING CANNED GOODS IF YOU CAN!!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever thought that hunger might be God's way of saying: Get a job deadbeat?

11/29/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Waldo Oiseau said...

Dan, I'm out for this one. Awesome that you got such a large group together! Enjoy the brauts!!

11/29/2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

As far as I know at this point, I should be alone.

The only thing that would keep me away is a shift in the weather to iciness. Rain is fine, snow is fine. Ice scares the hell out of me.

11/29/2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Spyder said...

The plan is for both of us to go to Harvester's. But hubby, Kanga, won't be socializing afterwards as he has another commitment.

11/29/2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger Northern_Girl said...

tag - NaBloPoMo meme

http://blog.whalingseason.com/

11/29/2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Alright, I'm in.

11/30/2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger m.toast said...

Please tell me you'll go easy on the gimp.

11/30/2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Fireflies said...

We're still planning on being there, but will also have to bail if the roads are icy.

11/30/2007 11:56 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

The weather is good and I will definitely be there. Still don't know if my daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis, will be joining me or not. I suspect it will be a last minute decision on her part.

I'll see you all there!

12/01/2007 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing you have the power to round up support for Harvester's events among fellow bloggers, I would love to enlist your help this year in spreading the word about Forks & Corks 2008, which will be at The Grand Ballroom of the KC Convention Center on April 24, 2008 from 6-9 pm. Eat, drink and feed many. This is part of my on-going quest for Foodie well-roundedness is to feed others as much as I feed myself in 2008. Tickets are on sale now. http://www.harvesters.org. Thanks for indulging me.

2/15/2008 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home