Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blogger Good Deed Day - December 1 at Harvester's

I've been getting a good group of emails and comments from people planning on starting December with a good deed. Bloggers, commenters and even lurkers are welcome to come and work the 1-4 shift at Harvester's Volunteer Outreach Center, 3801 Topping Avenue, right off Van Brunt on the east side of Kansas City. We'll probably wind up sorting canned goods or something of the sort - it'll be good exercise and a good way of helping out those who need a hand during the Holiday season. Kids over 6 are welcome. Wear close-toed shoes, and layers of clothing, since the cool warehouse will warm up as we work. Bring canned goods, too, if you can!

If you want to participate, we have room for more volunteers. Just email me at dan@gonemild.com, or comment here. If you've previously said you'll come, but now you can't, let me know that, too, so I can give them an accurate count.

After the shift, we'll have a party, and I'll serve my new Vanilla Porter.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I'll be there, with Fate.

11/18/2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

Kanga (hubby) & I are still planning on being there.

11/19/2007 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home