Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blogger Appreciation: Kansas City Daily Photo

Last week, I profiled one of my favorite bloggers, Hip Suburban White Guy, who was, I think, one of the first people I put onto my blogroll. This week, I'm highlighting Kansas City Daily Photo, who is one of the more recent additions.

KCDP (a/k/a Waldo Oiseau) is not a trained photographer, but she captures evocative, unique photos of the city I wander through daily. She sees stuff that I don't see - she notices patterns and colors and textures that surround us all, but somehow escape us.

Here is a recent example (Waldo, if you object to my brazen theft of your image, just email me and I'll substitute a link!):


This photo happens to come from "You Say Tomato", a charming restaurant/grocery I've visited several times, without ever noticing the beauty that was right under my nose.

I talked with KCDP once, and she started the blog as a way of forcing a little discipline on herself, to post photos regularly. Her work has expanded my view of our city - I keep an eye out for interesting patterns and scenic shots. She gets commenters from all over the country - I know she's doing her little bit to convince people that KC is not a squalid cowtown - and she's also making other people more visually alert.

KCDP has taken some amazing photos, and shared them with her blog. Go look at her photo from the Swizzle - no link because you ought to spend some time browsing around her site. She's doing great work and making me and others appreciate our world a little more. That's a pretty worthwhile and amazing accomplishment. Thanks, KCDP, for posting your blog - it means more to some of us than we might otherwise say.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent choice! She's not a trained photographer?? One of the lucky ones born with natural talent. And she's also so cute! :)

9/25/2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Waldo Oiseau said...

*blush*

Dan, thanks for the kudos on my blog and photos of KC. We do, indeed, live in a cool little city--there's lots to see and do if we take the time to find it.

Cate

9/25/2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home