Monday, June 25, 2007

While I'm Talking About Singer/Songwriters . . .

Paul McCartney is on my last nerve. My dislike of him and his music is visceral - and I can tell it's undeserved. I don't deny that the Beatles were a great band, and he's put together some catchy ditties since then. I know he's lived through tragedy, and I'll even agree that he would be a fascinating person to sit down and have a few beers with. By all accounts, he's a good man, and a talented one.

So, while my brain says he's a good guy, my gut would love to whack him across the shins with a baseball bat when he prances around in this video:
(Oh, isn't he so cute! He's wearing Converse high-tops with a suit! What an original!)


Grrr . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is indeed disturbing. Here we have an aging icon of music; someone who has filled our ears and our hearts with great music, and then he does this? Ok, so maybe it's for little children, but leave that to somebody else, Paul. Retire at the top of your game, not the bottom.

6/25/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Imagine a world where Mark David Chapman had shot McCartney instead of Lennon.

It's easy, if you try.

6/25/2007 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem is that he is, as someone said, "prancing."

6/27/2007 1:02 AM  
Blogger Waldo Oiseau said...

At least the prancing was was for a commercial, right? Actually, the one that really bothers me is his song where he mentions something about making love. I know he's only 65, but everytime I hear it, I picture sagging old-man bum. ... still wearing the all-stars. No, no, the horror.

7/02/2007 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home