Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Might Have to Start Watching Malkin

Home early from the inaugural ball, I channel-surfed for a while last night and happened upon Michelle Malkin hosting O'Reilly's No-Spin Zone. Honestly, it was one of the funniest shows I've seen, because she was soooo bad at it. At least two of the guests completely demolished her in debating points, despite her heavy-handed use of the mute button so that she could screech over their voices. In one particularly funny moment, she closed off with the "final word", but she mis-timed it, so the guest was left with a few seconds to respond, and he made her look completely foolish.

I would love to post links to the segments, but they aren't yet available. I'll update when they are, and I'll encourage you to watch the demolition.

(Update: Apparently, someone within the O'Reilly/Malkin machine has decided that I was right - they are not posting the clips from that day, though they have the previous program and the next program available. Someone didn't want her to suffer further embarrassment on the internet.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched her last night and I take exception to your summary. Since you did not even state what the subject was, I find your "assessment" as a personal attack on her because she is a conservative. If there's a subject to debate, I welcome it.

5/05/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

No, Travelingal, it's an opinion, and there's not much of a subject to debate, at least until I can post the links. She was owned by the guests, and the subject is not the point - though I think the guy discussing the LA brutality was particularly effective in making her look harsh and ignorant.

The fact that she was laughably ineffective doesn't mean that one side or the other of a debate was correct - it merely means she didn't come off as bright or skilled. That's all.

5/05/2007 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home