Thursday, January 12, 2006

Crappy Day So Far

On the road at 5:15 to drop my daughter off at the airport and officially become empty-nesters. Happy for her, sad for the parents. We'll miss her.

On the way back, a suicidal, elephant-sized deer jumped in front of the car on the ramp between I-29 and 9 (or whatever that roadway is that takes you down to the Broadway Bridge. I almost swerved around it, but wound up just clipping it on the hind leg. Everything wound up okay, but still . . .

Decided nothing would rally the spirits quite like a breakfast burrito from Pancho's. But Pancho's was out of burritos this morning.

Then, back home, Deffenbaugh came by before 7:30, and also before I got the trash out.

Just goes to show you ought to sleep until 9 every chance you get.

3 Comments:

Blogger pom. said...

i agree! hum-dinger of a start.

hope it's uphill from here..

1/12/2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I always try to be late for everything. That way you miss all that crap. Of course that puts you in different crap but then you have an excuse. I woke up late.

Any time I have gotten up early, bad things have always happened.

It get's better though. Tomorrow is a new day.

1/12/2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Rough morning! I get up at 5-6 every day, sans alarm. It's gotten worse since, oh, 2000.

Nice blog. Thanks for the assist at mine.

1/13/2006 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home