Thursday, November 10, 2005

Will I Be Voting Republican for Missouri Governor?

Jay Nixon has filed the paperwork to run for Governor. Even though he has employed some very good friends of mine, I don't like Jay Nixon at all. During the Kansas City School District litigation, he proved himself to be an untrustworthy political opportunist willing to use the children of Kansas City to score political points. He's one of those guys who you know has been plotting his political future ever since he got beat in a race for kindergarten line leader. Some people are called to politics because ambition leads them there, and some are called for public service. I don't think either of our likely candidates should be in the election - they are both hopeless boobs. This could be a true goober-natorial race.

3 Comments:

Blogger antimedia said...

That's often the choice we have, isn't it? It's pitiful. And disgusting.

11/11/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

It is astounding to me how the Missouri Governor's race has attracted some of the least charismatic politicians you'll ever meet. Our prior gov, Holden (a dem), could bore you to tears.

How about if you and I run against each other? I think we could run a good, issues-oriented campaign.

At least if you stop having sex with sheep. (Actually, if I'm going to start slinging mud, I might do better than that - I could alienate an interest group with that one.)

11/11/2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger antimedia said...

I think one thing Americans almost universally agree on is that the mud-slinging disgusts them. We constantly hear complaints that they wish the politicians would talk more about the issues.

So why don't they? I don't know, but I know it's so counterintuitive it has me scratching my head. The only explanation I can come up with is that it's so easy to do as opposed to discussing issues.

I'd love to see a debate between two people like you and me. As long as we don't talk about WP. :-)

Personally, I think it's going to take new parties. Both the Dems and Repubs have sold out to remaining in office, doling out pork as if the money is theirs and refusing to take a principled stand on anything.

11/11/2005 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home