Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Pancho's on Main

Damn!!

Pancho's on Main has been around for a while, and yet it was only today that I managed to haul my honky ass into this glorious 24-hour spot of fine food heaven.

People, trust me on this. I had a fiesta taco (what the hell is a fiesta taco?) that balanced grease, spice and meat in a crispy shell of sour-cream-soaked bliss. I had it, and whatever you had for lunch today sucked in comparison.

And then I had this burrito they call "texacano", or something like that. It's chicken and sour cream and potatoes (as an Irishman, I REALLY appreciate it when someone else features potatoes in their best food!) in a burrito, and you get to add some serious salsas at your will. Their hot avocado salsa will MESS YOU UP!!! and make you beg for a rematch. Beg. And even though you know you're going to get messed up again, you hope you'll talk your way through the eight count. Because you want to wind up on your ass again, don't you??

When you're hungry for a quick meal, and you're thinking about dropping in on McDonald's or Burger King or Subway or any of the other corporate chain restaurants that infest our landscape, please consider supporting a place like Pancho's or Kitty's or Mario's or one of the other places that makes Kansas City different from Wichita or Los Angeles.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read this post just as i was half way through my poncho's chorizo breakfast. eerie, eh? but you are absolutely correct, poncho's is fantastic!

11/17/2005 7:53 AM  
Blogger pom. said...

oh my GOD. I'm drooling. pancho's on main is a total staple. I love their red sauce with chili peppers in it. Oh geez I haven't been there in way too long. chips and guac. oh me oh my!! DAN!!

11/27/2005 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pancho's is Great, Pancho's High is absolutely AMAZING. The closest thing to authentic Mexican food in KC that I've found, not that Tex Mex slop you get everywhere else. If you visit Pancho's and expect something like Taco Bell, do yourself a favor: eat the food, then throw it back up because you are not worthy and need to get back to Olathe.

10/25/2007 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panchos is AWESOME!!!! While n highschool, we would leave for lunch and go there. Now on my lunch break (at 3 or 4am) I'll go. So Amazing, everyone needs 2 try it!!!!!!!! It has my seal of approval! lol

1/30/2008 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo good! The people are nice too. Just don't go if you're in a hurry.
I recommend the cabeza burrito, the texano, the supreme ground beef taco and the cheese quesadilla melts in your mouth!
Good eats!

8/05/2008 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home