Friday, January 01, 2010

Top 50 Albums, 2000 - 2009

A friend on Facebook challenged a bunch of us to come up with lists of the top 50 albums for the past decade. Here's my list.
1. Will Matthews: Solo
2. Radiohead: Kid A
3. Slaid Cleaves: Unsung
4. The Hold Steady: Separation Sunday
5. Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago
6. Jay-Z: American Gangster
7. Arcade Fire: Neon Bible
8. Prince: Musicology
9. Al Green: I Can't Stop
10. The Decemberists: The Crane Wife
11. The White Stripes: Icky Thump
12. O+S: O+S
13. Trampled Underfoot: May I Be Excused
14. Cake: Comfort Eagle
15. American Steel: Jagged Thoughts
16. Neil Young: Silver And Gold
17. Bob Dylan: Love And Theft
18. Bruce Springsteen: Devils and Dust
19. Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20. White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan
21. Nellie McKay: Get Away From Me
22. Randy Newman: Harps and Angels
23. The Raconteurs: Consolers of the Lonely
24. The Arcade Fire: Funeral
25. Kanye West: Graduation
26. My Morning Jacket: Z
27. Damian Marley: Welcome to Jamrock
28. B.B. King: One Kind Favor
29. The Swell Season: The Swell Season
30. Avett Brothers: I and Love and You
31. 50 Cent: Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
32. U2: All That You Can't Leave Behind
33. Bruce Springsteen: The Rising
34. Son Volt: American Central Dust
35. Thad Cockrell: Warmth and Beauty
36. Land of Talk: Some Are Lakes
37. The Neptunes: The Neptunes Present... Clones
38. Jason Isbell: Sirens of the Ditch
39. Roman Candle: Oh Tall Tree in the Ear
40. Dumpstaphunk: Listen Hear
41. The Strokes: Room On Fire
42. Elvis Costello: When I Was Cruel
43. Tenacious D: Tenacious D
44. Jay-Z: The Black Album
45. Nelly: Nellyville
46. Warren Zevon: The Wind
47. Linda Thompson: Fashionably Late
48. Weezer: Maladroit
49. Eminem: The Marshall Mathers LP
50. Mark Knopfler: Sailing To Philadelphia
I appreciate the challenge, because it got me to go over a lot of music I enjoyed, and it caused me to alter my listening habits so that I know make a real effort to listen to albums rather than individual songs.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoobastank, The Fray, Plain White T-s, Five for Fighting, Snow Patrol?

1/01/2010 2:15 PM  
Blogger bigsmithdude said...

the challenge, i believe, was to make a list of the BEST albums of the decade. not the worst...

1/02/2010 3:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I believe this list is missing a little album you picked up in Colorado...

1/04/2010 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home