Friday, August 29, 2008

Homebrew Contest on Saturday - Make me a Winner!

On Saturday afternoon, from 3 until 5, the 75th Street Brewery is conducting a homebrew contest. I've submitted a German Wheat beer and a Belgian Honey Tripel. For the beer geeks out there, yes, you're absolutely right that there is no such style as "Honey Tripel", but the key to Belgian ales is creativity, not slavish dedication to BJCP Style Guidelines. Besides, this one is going to be decided by popularity, not by certified beer judges, so maybe a very strong ale with the taste of honey will win some fans. Who knows?

I'm not sure how the contest is going to work, but it appears that somehow, if you're at 75th Street Brewery late on Saturday afternoon (3-5 p.m.), you'll have the opportunity to judge a homebrew contest! I doubt they're charging for the privilege (I don't claim to be an expert in beverage law, but I somehow doubt they can get away with selling beer produced by unlicensed brewers). If you're interested in learning more, check back here later today, or call the brewery. I'll call the brewery and see if I can post more details later today.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Keith Sader said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/29/2008 9:12 AM  
Blogger Keith Sader said...

Good luck Dan!

8/29/2008 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! I missed the meetup Tuesday but this is a good excuse to drop by. Well assuming everything is good with my new nephew (should be, he's doing great).

I have a few hours of work to do this weekend, and if I go in at 8 that morning I should easily be done in time.

8/29/2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

Good Luck! Let us know the results.

8/29/2008 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home