Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Restaurant Critic Getting Schooled

Last night, at the Blogger Gathering, I met Owen Morris, who writes for the Pitch's Fat City food blog.

Naturally enough, the topic focused on food for a while before veering off into the legitimacy of being apolitical, and Owen impressed me with his knowledge and passion for food. When I checked out Fat City last night, I saw that he is actually taking advanced culinary classes at Johnson County Community College, and he's going to do a weekly diary about his experiences.

I'm looking forward to going through culinary classes vicariously.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why thank you Dan for the compliments. It was very nice meeting you as well, even if you did make me extremely jealous with your tale of Per Se.

Also it was nice to have a good, well-thought, well-reasoned argument on support for the mayor. The Nancy Reagan and NWA (not the airline) drop-ins were an added bonus.

We should do it again soon!

8/27/2008 3:40 PM  
Blogger kcmeesha said...

I like this definition of "apolitical":Being apolitical can also refer to situations in which people take an unbiased position in regard to political matters. Nothing wrong with that.

8/27/2008 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home