Thursday, June 19, 2008

Too Young to Get Married?

26 years ago today, I was 22 years old and willing to (politely) ignore the advice offered by my parents that perhaps it would be best to wait until after I completed law school to get married.

That may be the one and only time I ignored my parents' advice and had things work out for the best.

It's been a like a long drive on mountain roads - lots of unexpected turns, a few scary moments, and astounding vistas. It's even wilder when you have two drivers, but we've been fortunate to mostly agree on the directions. And I count myself incredibly lucky that she's been the one who agreed to start the journey with me 26 years ago today.

And, by the way, hell yes we were too young to get married! Look at us! We were children!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

6/19/2008 7:20 AM  
Blogger Joe Miller said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful post.

6/19/2008 7:27 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

happy anniversary. miracles really do happen.

6/19/2008 8:28 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

You're just saying that with the hopes that your daughter doesn't get any ideas in her head too early! Ha!

Congratulations on 26 years!

6/19/2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger Spyder said...

You guys look so, so, innocent? Young? Happy? Sure of your decision! Congrats! I'm proud to claim the both of you as friends.

6/19/2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger Keith Sader said...

Congrats Dan!

6/19/2008 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Dan! Congratulations to you and your wife. Hope you two get to see at least another 26 years together.

6/19/2008 12:04 PM  
Blogger pom. said...

aww.
sweet.
happy anniversary, dan!!

6/19/2008 6:57 PM  
Blogger craig said...

From the looks of that picture Dan, you outkicked your coverage.

Well done, I did too.

6/19/2008 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's you guys? For a moment there I actually thought that it was bride and groom wedding cake figures. Seriously look at how you are standing. You guys are frozen in time ready for a wedding cake.

6/21/2008 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you were/are the same age -- did you see this article?

6/21/2008 10:22 AM  
Blogger Reverse_Vampyr said...

Congratulations! I got married at 20, also against my parents' advice. My situation unfortunately ended after 17 years of trying to make it work. I'm glad you and your wife have been successful together. Happy anniversary!

6/25/2008 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home