Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First Annual Gone Mild Oscar Picks Contest Winner Announced - SEAN R.

It took me an extra day to calculate the winner of the First Annual Gone Mild Oscar Picks Contest because I had a surprisingly large number of submissions, and my technology let me down, so I had to score them all by hand. It was kind of interesting to see where the common mistakes were, though - Transformers and Cate Blanchett are a lot more popular in this corner of the blogosphere than they were at the Academy.

Regardless of all that, the winner, with 17 correct answers, was Sean R., whose last name I will happily publish if he emails me and lets me know whether he wants the full measure of internet adulation. Sean, I also need your Swiss bank account number so I can start sending you 50% of this site's profits for the coming year.

In what I think was an amusing sidenote, my quip about the supposed post-credit scene in No Country for Old Men took on a bit of a life of its own. I received more calls and emails wanting to know about that "scene" than I have ever received on any topic I've written about. While I flirted with either completing the joke by encouraging people to go see the movie again, or by writing my own version of the showdown between Ed Tom Bell and Anton Chigurh, instead I just felt guilty about the stress I caused my favorite librarian. Now, I'll never get any slack on my late fees.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

LOL!

2/26/2008 12:11 PM  
Blogger dare2smile said...

Aw, it was a joke? I freaked out on my boyfriend too, to go see it again, haha.

2/28/2008 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home