Friday, January 18, 2008

Bad Timing

Two days after I state my intention to treat others with more dignity on this blog, Tony's Kansas City puts up a post calling me "Dirtbag Dan", provoking his commenters to describe me in even harsher terms.

My newly-adopted "dignity" prevents me from calling him names in return, and, as a sad result, the internet community is deprived of the spectacle of two bloggers and their commenters exchanging insults.

(As Tony astutely points out, "What happens here is that by exchanging links Dan and I are trading traffic and growing readership for local blogs overall." Yup, we both really are that cynical and manipulative that we've both been known to choose a topic or tone partially to generate a little extra traffic. So, if you're one of the ones who would have been sucked into reading a vituperative exchange of insults between Tony and me - you know you would have! - take a second instead and click on one of the blogger links on the left side of this page that you've never read before. Ultimately, that's better for everyone, you included.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, Dan.

1/18/2008 10:14 AM  
Blogger whistleblower said...

Dan...

I read the post at T's KC.

Not really as bad as you see it.

I'm definately looking at it from a different perspective.

1/18/2008 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call it like I see it. Tony's Kansas city is a racist, hateful site on his best day.

1/19/2008 1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How does that knife feel in your back, Dan? The best dignified way you can treat this is to never mention that juvenile again.

1/21/2008 12:11 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

That was no knife, 2. It's a form of blogger love for attention whores. We thrive on it.

1/21/2008 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home