Thursday, December 20, 2007

Twilight Zone Meme

Xavier Onassis over that Hip Suburban White Guy tagged me with the Twilight Zone Meme, which directs that you write about a "paranormal event" you have experienced. I normally hate memes and ignore them, because they are the blogging equivalent of chain emails, and almost invariably demand a self-indulgent, narcissistic recounting of things nobody would ever get around to asking someone else. I'm fully capable of being self-indulgent and narcissistic without anyone else's assistance . . .

Anyhow, in a moment of weakness, I agreed to participate in this one. When I agreed, I was feeling kind of boxed in to political writing, and thought the meme would help shift my focus. Also, XO wrote a heck of a great post with a touching story about the birth of his daughter, and I hoped I could write something approaching it.

Nope. I've got nothing.

I don't have a single story that reflects anything "paranormal" in my life. No visits from dead relatives, no spooky premonitions, no visions of the future. (My uncanny political predictions are all based on incredible judgment and insight, not messages from the heavens, believe it or not.)

And that absence strikes me as a little weird, when I think about it. But not paranormal.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kanga said...

Right there with ya. Don't ever recall anything like that personally.
Natural born skeptic, I guess.

12/21/2007 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home