Monday, October 22, 2007

Comparing Apples to . . . Apples


Honestly, a good apple matters more to me than what opinions some other bloggers have about my opinions. A bitter-skinned, mealy Red Delicious apple is nothing but an attractive disappointment.

The best apple for eating out of hand is the Honeycrisp. Sweet, juicy, and cracking-crisp, it is THE BEST apple I've ever had from a grocery store (nothing beats a sun-warmed McIntosh off a tree). This is the first year I've noticed them, so, if you're keeping the doctor away an apple a day, I highly recommend giving them a try.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Oh. MY. IPU! These apples are awesome! Target has them on sale for $.99 a pound until Saturday, too.

10/22/2007 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out about the Honeycrisp apples and bought some at my local Price Chopper last night. I'm looking forward to giving them a shot.

10/22/2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I'm still trying to figure out the secret code in this post that I'm sure is saying good things about one politician, bad things about another politician, and subtley shedding light on some scandal at some level.

It can't just be about apples...can it?

10/22/2007 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way. I think he's saying that the dark-skinned reds are bitter compared to the lighter-skinned honeycrisps. He's being awful subtle today . . .

10/22/2007 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/22/2007 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this:

the good apple is Funkhouser?

the bitter apple is Tony/la raza?

maybe when he said this is the first year I notice them, could be la raza. I never heard of the la raza before.

How close am I?

10/22/2007 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home