Friday, April 06, 2007

Life's Tribulations

Seems like people I know and love are facing a bunch of bruises and abrasions lately, while things are going well for me. Makes me think of Holden Caulfield -
Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.
Hang in there people - let me know if I can help.

5 Comments:

Blogger joeinkc said...

I always looked down on Holden. I mean he was a rich kid in a private school. He had everything, but still whined and complained all the time. He was someone that really needed to put things in perspective.

4/06/2007 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan - who's getting the bruises and abrasions?

4/06/2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Anonymous, the people would not appreciate having me spread their business on a blog. Nothing horribly tragic or life-altering - just some of those "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" that I wish people could avoid.

4/06/2007 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

<---- holden caulfield

4/10/2007 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are just great to care. That's all.

4/18/2007 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home