Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tough Monday in the Blogosphere

I learned yesterday that another local blogger is annoyed with me. I figured this out when I saw his post with the title that begins "Local blogger Dan is a racist, pedantic scumbag . . .". It goes on to say that Gonemild is "one of the most boring blogs in this town" (what's it take to get to the top?) and "one of Kansas City's most vitriolic, anti-Hispanic and racist voices" (in bold, no less!).

After such a tongue-lashing by Tony (nullus indeed, big fella), I was further dismayed to learn that I'm banned in Red China. 1.3 billion people are missing out on my blog. Sigh. (Thanks to Rhymes with Right for the tip.)

Finally, I got an email from Mark Forsythe, founder of The Kansas City Post, expressing some concern about my misguided refusal to give his thoughts about rapid transit their proper respect. This time, it was another "dan" drawing the heat my way, as if I can't get myself in enough hot water . . .

Meanwhile, in the real world, I attended a friend's funeral. Keeps things in perspective . . .

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm naive, but how can you label someone as a racist by only one posting on a multi-post blog?

Unfortunately the internet raises the level of outrage while simultaneously lowering the ability of otherwise normal people to communicate.

3/13/2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger tumple said...

I agree with Andrea, but I'm tired of Tony's site being portrayed as a joke. That routine stopped being funny years ago, if it ever was.

3/13/2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Dan,

I of all people should know what it feels like to be swimming in shark-infested waters while wearing a chum jacket.

Once again, mea culpa on accusing you of being the "evil Dan" on my blog.

Ask my wife. I've been Mr. Moodswing since Feb 27th. That's no excuse though.

I suck on so many levels. Sorry, sorry, sorry! I'll buy you a coffee or a beer. Your choice.

3/13/2007 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A racist? I've been on this blog for about a year and have never seen anything anti-Hispanic or racist.

Boring? If it was boring I wouldn't be here and neither would this blog even be worthy of such scrutiny. Sides that, I'm sure XO wouldn't come here (lol) I rest my case.

Perhaps others could take a lesson in providing interesting commentary without slamming fellow bloggers?

3/13/2007 12:48 PM  
Blogger Groucho K. Marx said...

Is this TKC Tony that made those accusations?

The SAME Tony that has a racial ref in virually every post?

Wonder if he's off his meds or got a delayed whiff of the ChemCentral toxins.

Watching the sky for contrails,
Groucho

3/13/2007 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan: I'm not going to take sides in the GM vs. TKC flame war. Frankly I think you're both pedantic, and I only prefer his site because his photos are better. That said, you might want to point out that his calling you racist was a tongue-in-cheek response to your calling him anti-Semitic.

3/13/2007 4:10 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Mark, no problem on the confusion. I neglected to copyright "Dan". My bad. Great blog there - The Kansas City Post is going to be an important venue for policy thought in Kansas City.

3/13/2007 9:18 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

What strikes me about this is that almost all of the vitriolic commentors on TKC chose to be anonymous, whereas all but one of your commentors have real fake identities.

I find that to be an interesting demographical tidbit. Don't know that it says anything in particular about you, Tony, or your respective sites. But I think it does say something about you visitors.

3/13/2007 9:35 PM  
Blogger Groucho K. Marx said...

Xavier Onassis said...
What strikes me about this is that almost all of the vitriolic commentors on TKC chose to be anonymous, whereas all but one of your commentors have real fake identities.



Actually, my identity is fake-fake.
(sly grin)

Groucho

3/14/2007 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the love of g*d... grow the hell up, or just take your toys and go home.

3/14/2007 5:57 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Anonymous -

Who?

3/14/2007 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home