Sunday, June 11, 2006

New on the Blogroll

It's time to do a little updating on the left side of the blog, and I'm adding a few new blogs to the sidebar. I use the links feature as a quick list of worthwhile places to visit regularly. If I were smart like Tony, I would make it show which ones have been updated recently, but I'm not that smart.

First off, Happy in Bag is a fun local read, produced by the same guy who does There Stands the Glass - one of the great sources of overlooked music available to adventurous ears.

Xavier Onassis is the funniest commenter ever to grace this blog, and his page, Hip Suburban White Guy, offers up full servings of his outrageous bad attitude. If more liberals were as bad-ass as XO, maybe we'd be running the country . . .

Speaking of liberal blogs, it's time to go ahead and add Fired Up! Missouri, THE source of news and research on Missouri politics, from the left. It really is an impressive blog, and does not really suffer from the rah-rah pep rally tone that the annoying exclamation in its name implies. (I'm not adding a permanent link on the side for its right-wing wannabe The Source, though, because that blog, so far, has not demonstrated accuracy, creativity, or wit. If it grows up, I may add it to the select group of right-wing bloggers represented there.)

Thoughts from Kansas lives up to its name. Thoughtful, insightful, and well-written, Joshua Rosenau shows that Travelingal is not the only awake mind in the wasteland to the West.

I'm also adding the triumphant return of Kansas City Soil, by Joe Miller, the author of Cross-X: A Turbulent, Triumphant Season with an Inner-City Debate Squad, to be released on October 3. The book link takes you to the Amazon website, where you can order it for 37% off and get free shipping, like I just did!

1 Comments:

Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Aw shucks!! Stop! Yer embarassin' me!

Keep that "nice" shit up and people will start to think we're gay or sumthin'!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Actually, my biggest fear is the pressure. It's like the over-hyped story. Now people will expect EVERY comment I make and EVERY post on my blog to be terminally-witty.

So when they click on my link and see a post that says "Wow, I can't believe how much Bush sucks" they're gonna be REALLY disappointed.

But you have bumped up the priority of an item on my To Do list. There are a lot of blogs that I read religiously (I mean that in the secular sense) that aren't reflected on my site. I've been meaning to update that list to reflect sites like yours.

I'm gonna do that really soon.

I promise.

Honest.

Thanks for the plug.

Still waiting for that drink.

6/11/2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home