Thursday, March 16, 2006

Jolie Justus for Missouri State Senate

I received a happy surprise in my mailbox today - an invitation to a campaign kick-off event at the Bulldog for Jolie Justus. Consider yourself invited - even if you aren't able to make a donation.

I've known Jolie for years - she's bright, enthusiastic, idealistic and unabashedly progressive. My most recent experience of working with her was on Election Day 2004, when she ran a bi-partisan voter support project.

If you're a conservative republican, you're probably going to disagree with Jolie Justus on a few points, but you would still like her. She's a real breath of fresh air, and I am simply thrilled that she is willing to go down to Jefferson City and represent Missouri's sane majority - a horribly under-represented "interest group" right now.

Right now, I have a conflict for the kick-off, but I hope to get out of it. Jefferson City is an embarrassment to sane people right now, and Jolie's candidacy offers an opportunity to do something about it. I hope to see you at the Bulldog next Thursday at 5:30.

7 Comments:

Blogger Eric Rogers said...

Damn we have some good candidates for this seat. Jason Klumb seems well qualified also - statewide name recognition and already has General Assembly experience. Hmmm gonna be a tough choice...

3/19/2006 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What district?

4/06/2006 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive argument, "C". You don't seem to know if Klumb might be the better candidate, but Justus has the better name, so head to the polls! You gotta love our well-informed citizens.

4/12/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I think he was being a little flippant - I wouldn't read too much into "c"'s comment. As for the first Anonymous, Justus and Klumb are both running for the Senate Seat of the 10th District in Missouri.

I've met Klumb, too, and I think he's okay. I certainly prefer Jolie - she has more passion and I don't think Klumb really did anything during his GA experiemce that makes it a plus on his resume.

We also have Mike Flaherty and Igrid Burnett in the race.

4/13/2006 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Klumb is the best candidate in this field because of the experience he brings to bear. He has served as a Missouri State Rep (entering the House at 24, the youngest age possible). And he also has served as a Missouri Assistant Attorney General, which shows that he understands not just the law--he understands how the executive side of government works, which is important for a legislator who has to write laws for and deal with the executive branch. And to top it off, Jason also has a master's degree from the London School of Economics--one of the world's foremost institutions. He understands how the interests of KC are connected to the worldwide economic trends of the 21st Century.

4/13/2006 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had the pleasure of seeing justus, klumb and flaherty speak at a recent event. Each impressive in their own way, though justus and flaherty stood out. Not sure what happened to klumb. He seems to have raised some money, but does he even live here?

4/26/2006 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say Jason Klumb has experience? I say he is nothing more than a career politician. The 10th District deserves more from it's elected officials than just someone climbing the ladder of politics. I want someone who has a lifetime in my district.

7/26/2006 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home